Posted 18 March 2020
The health and safety of our colleagues and residents is our top priority. We are therefore implementing some special measures around our repairs. If you contact us to request a repair we will ask some simple questions about your health, if you think you may have picked up the virus and are now self-isolating we will arrange another time to carry out the repair when you are better. If it is an emergency repair, we will discuss special measures to ensure the job can be completed.
Please be assured that we will screen our contractors to ensure they are not showing signs of the illness and ask them to sanitise their hands before entering your property. They are likely to also be wearing protective clothing such as gloves and masks, this is to protect both you and them.
We’re doing this as part of our plans to help make sure that we can keep delivering the services you need most during the coronavirus outbreak.
How to avoid catching or spreading Coronavirus
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds at a time
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
More advice can be found on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
If you are experiencing financial hardship as a result of the COVID19 situation please do speak to us so we can work with you and see if any assistance is available.
If you are self-isolating and are on your own and feel vulnerable, please do call one of us for a chat, we are home working too so the company will do us all good!